Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Involuntary Guest Author

Jeff Whitmore


He's the winner of San Luis Obispo's "Fifty-Five Fiction" annual short story contest. 


Since I love numbers and words... this contest sounded so appealing to me, however since I have a full day today... rather than spending half of it dodging the things i need to be doing and coming up with my own fify-five word story... i will just re-post his winning story and call it a day :)


Bedtime Story
 "Careful, honey, it's loaded," he said, re-entering the bedroom.
Her back rested against the headboard, "This for your wife?"
 "No. Too chancy. I'm hiring a professional."
 "How about me?" He smirked, "Cute. But who'd be dumb enough to hire a lady hit man?"
 She wet her lips, sighting along the barrel. "Your wife."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Applause for that guy!!!

This reminds me of your way-back post on - how many words was it? - I gotta try it AND this fifty five thing. But, alas, not now for me either. I have to bake a wedding cake (!) and write a talk and I have less than half an hour before the kids are out of "quiet time". Here I am on your blog...

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio