Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Anticipation.


I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.             -Red, The Shawshank Redemption

It was bound to happen. On the 26th day, writer's block. It could be due to a full day of meetings and great conversations. It could be the lyrical jazz class I dropped in on. It could be dinner with a friend, talking about life and sharing a Fig Marmalade, Goat Cheese, & Bacon Burger. Yeah, I think it was the bacon...but I've got writer's block. Not for a lack of thoughts... but because my head and heart are full. Brimming with gratitude. Full of anticipation. 

Anticipation is this funny emotion. It's an emotion involving pleasure, excitement, and sometimes anxiety in considering a longed-for event. (thank you wiki for that.) 

Tomorrow beautifully kicks off a series of longed-for events. I'm full of excitement. Not anxious in the slightest. 

And why should I be anxious when what's ahead includes...date number five with my handsome fella...being with my best friends all weekend...soaking in the sun at the beach...long chats... good wine... laughter... laughter... laughter. 

Anticipation. See what I mean?!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio