Sunday, September 9, 2012

You know how I'm always worried about Adult Early Onset Alzheimer's....

Yep, I seriously just said that to Mariah as she came into the kitchen and saw me 'playing games' on this website I was excited to find. I'm not much of a gamer, but I have always been worried about developing adult early onset alzheimer's. 

I'm not sure why I'm worried about this. 

Maybe it's because my mom is really afraid of alzheimer's or maybe it's because I failed one of those tv commercial tests when I was younger...

You know the one: 
Do you forget things easily? 
Do you fail to recall the names of something something...
I can't actually remember the questions from the test, I was a kid at the time
, but whatever they were, I missed them.

Ever since then, it's been a tiny, normal, completely rational fear of mine. 

While I don't think I have adult early onset alzheimer's, I didn't think it would hurt to ask my doctor about my concern during my physical. But I forgot to ask. Two weeks later, after my blood work came in and had a follow up appointment, I was able to finally ask my question, but she didn't seem as concerned as I was. I thought about telling her about my self-assessment from long ago, but I chickened out. 

So, brain games it is...

In semi-related news, I love this commercial AARP put out. Don't worry, I'm not trolling their site or a member (yet), but saw it at church today and loved it. 



Oh, I see what you did there...

Now, gotta run, it's time for my evening tea and fiber pills. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you included an AARP video. Completes the post. And I copied your topic. Keep playing those mind games! :)

Unknown said...

And that video was very cool. Tears cool.

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio