Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sun and Earth.

I came across this today on the internet today. 
(Thank you, Facebook.)



I'm not sure what book it's from, what context it was given in, but there is something beautiful about this poem. It's stayed with me all day. 

I love how sweet and selfless it is. Bitterless. How, because of the sun's commitment to be itself (and shine), the whole sky is blessed. 

I resist the temptation to over-analyze the poem, straining it's words through the filter of my own understanding of love, wondering how truly healthy the relationship between earth and sun is. Maybe it's a by-product of seeing one too many marriages fall apart. Like love, appreciating art can often be a battle between the head and the heart. 

Rather, I read, smile, contemplate and simply allow myself to revel in this kind of love. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio