Wednesday, December 1, 2010

152 insights into my soul...

Ok, so maybe not 152 insights into my soul, but I'm hoping to have at least 31.


I've decided to challenge myself this December and blog everyday this month.


Since I began my blog in January of 2009, I've logged a total of 69 posts. That's an average of 3 per month, a little lame. (In actuality, I blogged a TON on sabbatical and not as much since...still lame.) By the end of this challenge I will have reached 100. That's a nice number to enter the new year.


My hope is that this challenge will help me to write more and obsess less.


Recently I was blog stalking (I just made that up...is that a real term?). I had googled "being 30something" around my 30th birthday...not sure if I was hoping there was an instruction manual out there I missed... but I came across THIS blog. I've loved it ever since.





Love the header (right?), love the layout and the author too. She's an artist (the photography, writing and scrapbook kind). I'm not one of her official followers, but I admit that her blog is bookmarked and I go there often. I wonder if anyone blog-stalks me?


I digress.


Recently she posted about why she hasn't blogged lately. While I normally disregard the 'i haven't blogged in forever' kinds of posts (otherwise I'd be apologizing all the time) something about her title stayed with me "2010, the year I lost my voice".


I wondered... was 2010 the year I lost my voice?


Well, I'm not going out without a fight...I've got 31 days to say something. Anything. Not because I have to but because it's been a rough year. And because I like this creative outlet. And because sometimes I don't want to keep the 'crazy' inside. And often because I don't want to laugh alone. But maybe most of all, because I don't want to miss what 2010 was really about.


So here I go...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I, for one, am very excited.
"I don't want to keep the 'crazy' inside" might have been a good title for my own blog.
I promise to laugh with you!

Blah Blah Layla said...

Thanks Teri! One of my favorite quotes is by C.S Lewis, he said friendship is born when one person says to another "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" =)

Unknown said...

Hi Layla, This is the first time I've read your blog and enjoyed it immensely. I'll certainly keep an eye out for more. You can't imagine how many times I've thought about/prayed for you.
Love you, Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Hey Layla,

I, for one, do not think you are without a voice. You've always been able to communicate your vision for ministry. I will try to keep up with you. :-)

-Norah

QueenP said...

Dude, I totally blog-stalk you!! Love it!!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio