Sunday, April 19, 2009

Evidence...

Here's evidence that today's going to be a long day...


1) It's 7 am and I woke up with a gurgling tummy... which is probably due to the back to back parties I attended yesterday. I am wondering if the chocolate creme cupcakes at Lyndsay's baby shower and the chocolate fountain at Kirsten's birthday party has anything to do with it... maybe.


2) I went to bed at 3 am. I planned to go to sleep at around 11pm but just as I was heading upstairs I came across a website claiming it could recover deleted files off your camera card! Including deleted photos from sabbatical!!! I spent the next 4 hours anxiously waiting to see if any of my photos from Vietnam or Cambodia or Thailand or even the lovely nuns I stayed with in Washington made it on the 'recovered' list. To my glee... MANY, MANY, MANY photos were recovered... (I guess I will take this sign for the robbers down)


3) I woke up at 6:30am since I am serving at all 3 services at church today starting at 7:45am through 1:30pm... which I'm actually looking forward to, however the last time I served at all three services I was so caught up in what I was doing and not messing up (power point pusher on the tech team) I held my pee in for one and a half services. Not cool.


4) Finally, since I am always up for a reason to get together with friends, I have one more weekend party today with the women in my small group after church. Let's just hope there isn't a chocolate pool to swim in or I'll really be in trouble.


Ironically there no EVIDENCE of getting my laptop back (so far), but I have many thanks to Chris who has loaned me his Macbook until I create a plan for getting a new computer...and not only enabled me to reconnect to the internet world but reconnect me with the Mac world...


While I have only been a Mac user for one year and three months I kind of feel like I moved to Italy, learned Italian, and then forgot English.


Returning back to a PC these past two weeks was like moving back to the States realizing how much English I really forgot...and how much I miss my Mac... i mean Italian.


Wow, that's a long analogy...


Anyways, like I said... long day ahead of me... if I was any smarter I would have pre-written this last night and just hit send this morning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So... is this the official topic? "Evidence?"

Blah Blah Layla said...

Yeah- Considering I almost stayed up all night and ended up with a migrane today that's the best i could come up with :)
(had I waited to write later tonight the topic might have been 'reasons why not to vomit in the car vs. waiting to get home'

Blah Blah Layla said...

Makes a little more sense when the post time actually reflects this morning...
(editorial error) :)

Unknown said...

Hee-hee. I promise I wasn't criticizing the topic choice - just clarifying so I knew what to do.
And... for the record, I might have enjoyed reading "Reasons why not to vomit in the car vs. waiting to get home."
Love you and your writing!

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio